International Disaster and Risk Conference 2017 in Sendai, Japan November 25 -28, 2017 Sendai International Center[/size][/color]
The forum is a venue to spin knowledge from disasters and weave wisdom of disaster risk reduction into society.
The forum will:
1. promote the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
2. explore Japanese experiences on disaster risk reduction and observe recovery process of the TOhoku Region
3. welcome participants from disaster risk reduction experts as well as non- experts
4. explore and develop opportunities in disaster risk reduction
5. focus on solution-oriented discussion on disaster risk reduction with concrete examples provided by multi-stakeholders
6. thank assistance to Tohoku from all over the world after the 11 March 2011 East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster[/color]
World Bosai Forum - IDRC Sendai 2017
25 - 28 November 2017
]The first World Bosai Forum - IDRC Sendai 2017 will be held in Sendai, Japan from 25 - 28 November 2017.
The World Bosai Forum – IDRC Sendai 2017 is a joint initiative of Sendai City, the Tohoku University, IRIDeS and the Global Risk Forum GRF Davos.
As a part of their commitment, to promote DRR measures and foster international cooperation to implement the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk reduction SFDRR, the “World Bosai Forum - IDRC Sendai” will be held biennial.
The World Bosai Forum 2017 will build on the Sendai Framework for DRR and also aim to create practical solutions for disaster risk reduction, instilling the term “Bosai” that encompasses a comprehensive concept from disaster risk reduction to reconstruction and recovery, and share it with the world. The program will feature a vital mix of session formats such as meeting sessions (plenary, thematic and technical sessions), poster sessions, exhibitions and events open to the public.
Abstract submission for poster presentations and registration are open. Visit https://idrc.info/2017/ for further information and registration.[/color]
Those who participate in this forum are required to register and pay the registration fee.
※The participants also include meeting session organizers, exhibition presenters and flash talk presenters.
※Some sessions and events are open to public.
May 26, 2017（JST12:00p.m. noon） – September 29, 2017（JST11:59a.m.）
September 29, 2017（JST12:00p.m. noon） – October 31, 2017（JST12:00p.m. noon）
November 26 – 28, 2017 at the Venue
Registration categories Early Pre-Registration Pre-Registration On-site Registration
General JPY 30,000 JPY 35,000 JPY 40,000
General(One day) JPY 20,000 JPY 22,000 JPY 25,000
Student * JPY 20,000 JPY 22,000 JPY 25,000
Student(One day) * JPY 10,000 JPY 11,000 JPY 13,000
* Registration will only be completed upon receipt of a copy of a valid student ID via email to the Registration Support Office.
＜For participants who bring their family members＞
(1) “Family members” are non-experts / those not working in the field of disaster risk reduction.
(2) Family members are basically not required to pay the registration fee.
(3) Forum participants need to include information of their family members at the time of their own registration.
(4) Family members have an access only to the sessions where their accompanying forum participant takes part in.
※Registered family members may be requested to show an ID document such as passport at the registration desk for the World Bosai Forum to confirm their family relation.
※Participants are responsible for taking care of their children during the forum especially in the session rooms.
1）Early / Pre-Registration
Please click the "On-line Registration" button at the bottom of this page.
Please make payment at the On-site Registration Desk for the World Bosai Forum.
3）Registration for special participants
- Participants from Iran: please click here and contact Mr. Reza Bathaee.
- Participants who also attend ACUDR meetings: registration method will be announced later.
- Participants for USMCA: please click the link below.
Registration fee for Participants includes
• Full access to all Meeting and Poster Presentation
• A program book, coffee and tea etc
Credit Card Only
American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and JCB are acceptable.