Target Exploration is offering the following pre-and post-GEO 2018 conference and Exhibition in Manama, courses in Bahrain:
1. "Introduction to Petroleum Geology and Typical Fields of Oman": 03-04 March 2018 at the Elite Spa and Resort in Manama, Bahrain.
2. "Introduction to Petroleum Geology and Typical Fields of Kuwait":12-13 March 2018 at the Elite Spa and Resort in Manama, Bahrain.
The courses are in response to recent exploration activities that points to a New Exploration Cycle in the Middle Eastern Gulf Countries:
• In late 2016 and following its West Bukha discovery offshore Oman, DNO approached NIOC for unitised joint development operation of West Bukha with NIOC’s 1999 offshore Hengam oil and gas field discovery.
• KOC’s 3D seismic acquisition of onshore and offshore Kuwait
• In early 2017, BAPCO of Bahrain invited international participation in a “Joint Study Agreement” of the country’s offshore
• NIOC has announced the ongoing Iranian round that includes the development of 16 offshore oil and gas fields and 3 offshore exploration concessions
• In April 2017, Qatar Petroleum announced the lifting of its self-imposed 12 years old pause in the development of offshore supergiant North Dome Gas Field.
• In May 2017 NIOC announced that their newly discovered “Sepand” gas field is close to but not part of the giant South Pars offshore gas
• In July 2017, the new Minister of Oil announced the unexplored offshores of Iraq as an exploration block among 9 new exploration blocks of the fifth bid round of Iraq.
• RAK Gas of Ras Al Khaimah, UAE is committed to organising a new License Round for its currently unlicensed entire offshore and onshore concessions in January 1st 2018.
• Saudi Aramco is committed to a 7,000 tons offshore redevelopment construction of platform, wellheads and pipelines in offshore Saudi Arabia during 2019.
Precambrian-Tertiary Reservoirs of Oman: Oman has been a pioneer in identifying, exploring, discovering, developing and producing Precambrian, Cambrian and Paleozoic sourced reservoirs as well as in massively producing heavy oil and unconventional oil and gas reservoirs in the Middle East. Oman provides proximal analogues for MENA countries in innovative exploration, developing and production methods from sub Infra-Cambrian salt reservoirs, as well as Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic reservoirs yet to be explored in other MENA countries.
Jurassic-Tertiary Reservoirs of Kuwait: Kuwait Oil Company has been exploring, discovering, developing and producing some of the most prolific giant oil fields in the Middle East, that provides proximal analogues for giant oil fields explorers in other MENA countries in the form of innovative exploration plays, field development methods and production profiles of regional Middle East Mesozoic reservoirs such as the Najmah, Yamama, Burgan , Mauddud, Mishrif, and Cenozoic Reservoirs yet to be explored in other MENA countries.
The two courses constitute a comprehensive up to date review of each country and a regional understanding of border-crossing petroleum systems, exploration plays and oil and gas fields of Iraq, Kuwait, Oman and other Gulf countries presented by experienced Middle East Petroleum geoscientists.
• For courses descriptions and group registration discounts, visit: www.targetexploration.com
• For in-house version and further information on the courses, contact: email@example.com
Target Exploration Consultants
65 Kenton Court, London W14 8NW, UK.
Tel (+44) (0) 207 371 2240, www.TargetExploration.com
More than 400 original papers were presented at Target-organised MENA Oil & Gas and Iraqi Petroleum
Conferences since 1999. Conferences abstracts, papers and most presentations are published in the individual Target Exploration conference documents. Conferences abstracts, papers and presentations are listed below in reverse chronological order.
Key Benefit: Original and independent studies by experienced professionals on the impenetrable petroleum geology and new ventures aspects of OMAN.
Course Notes: Introduction to Petroleum Geology and Typical Fields of Oman TarC-3 Order Form
New-ventures Risk Assessment of Bypassed and Undeveloped Petroleum in MENA Countries* Tar-145 Order Form
Frequency and Impact of Sand and Dust Storms on E&P Operations in Arabian Gulf Countries* TAR-141 Order Form
Course Notes: Introduction to the Petroleum Geology of Oman: An Analogue for Future Oil & Gas of MENA Tarcor2 Order Form
SEARCH Target Publication List for Exclusive Studies on OMAN SEARCH Target Conferences for Non-Exclusive Publications on OMAN