Site Admin

Workshop on Mining & Post-Mining Seismicity20 - 22 Sep. 2023,

Post by salsinawi »

Scientific Workshop on Mining & Post-Mining Seismicity
When:20 - 22 Sep. 2023, 08:30
Where:Luleå, F341, F531
Language:English

Add to my calendar
EPOS-Sweden project and RFCS Posthttps://www.ltu.se/org/sbn/Avdelningar/Geotekno ... enminQuake project

https://www.ltu.se/org/sbn/Avdelningar/ ... 27886?l=en

Mining-induced seismicity is a well-known issue that has become increasingly important as the underground mines go deeper and deeper. Post-mining seismicity has until now been poorly studied but recent research shows the importance of considering the induced seismic hazard in mine-closure procedures.
The main objective of this workshop will be to share knowledge about recent advances in both domains. It will gather mining engineers from Europe and the research community involved in the EPOS-TCS (Thematic Core Service) for Anthropogenic Hazards (TCS-AH) and in the RFCS PostminQuake project.

Program
The Workshop is planned for two days (08.30 to 17.00):

Day 1 – will be for presentation and discussion of the results from research in both mining- and post-mining induced seismicity

Day 2 – will be for introduction of EPOS-Sweden project, and the EPOS TCS Anthropogenic Hazards EPISODES platform; a discussion and brainstorming will identify important and challenging problems that need attention and investigation.

A site visit at Malmberget mine (LKAB) (~250 km from Lulea) will be organized on Day 3 (maximum number of attendees – 14).
EPOS Sweden workshop September20-22-2023
Information & Programme
The registration for the meeting is open until September 6

Savka Dineva, Professor
Phone: +46 (0)920 493214
Email: savka.dineva@ltu.se
Organisation: Mining and Rock Engineering, Mining and Geotechnical Engineering, Department of Civil, Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering